The Product Matcher is a tool that allows the insertion of QuickBooks Items into Salesforce as Products and can be found in the matchers and Utilities section of the DataSynch Web Interface available from the Start Menu of the computer where DataSynch is installed.
The Product Matcher:
- Is used to insert QuickBooks Items into Salesforce as Products.
- Is used to match QuickBooks Items with existing Salesforce Products, matching the QuickBooks Item Name/Number to the Salesforce Product Code.
- Can only be used from QuickBooks to Salesforce.
- Can only be run manually and is not a part of the scheduled integration.
To run the Product Matcher:
- Ensure that QuickBooks is closed on the computer where DataSynch is installed.
- Click on “View Product Matcher Run Options.” The product matcher will connect to both QuickBooks and Salesforce to determine what items and products each application contains.
Once the Product Matcher determines what QuickBooks Items are not linked to Salesforce, a page with a list of options will become available to you, allowing you to choose how those items are handled.
Once all Items have been matched via any of the three matching options, the Product Matcher menu will display to you that there are no Items to match.
**NOTE** If you have existing Products in Salesforce, it is recommended that the Match All option be chosen prior to running the Insert All option.
To match Items and Products, the QuickBooks Item Name must be identical to the Salesforce Product Code. Click on “Match All.” Once completed, the new number of unlinked QuickBooks Items will be displayed.
To insert QuickBooks Items into Salesforce as new Products, click on “Insert All.” Once completed, the new number of unlinked QuickBooks Items will be displayed (and since you are inserting, the number of Items returned to you should be zero).
The Wizard allows you choose what you would like to do with each individual item, whether you would like to match it with an existing Product, insert it as a new Product, or take no action with it. The Wizard only allows you to view each item one at a time.
Once you click on the Wizard, an Item will be displayed. Choosing to Match the Item will enable a drop-down menu with a list of unlinked Salesforce Products that you may choose to match the Item with.
Choosing the Insert option will simply insert the Item as a new Salesforce Product.
After selecting an option, click on “Save Product” to complete that option. Once complete, the Wizard will go to the next Item until all Items have been addressed or until you return back to the DataSynch Management Console.
Click on the 'Manage DataSynch' to go back to the main screen of the DataSynch Web Interface.