Troubleshooting PSQL Licenses
If you need assistance resolving a license issue, FILL OUT THIS LICENSING SUPPORT FORM and submit it to Actian PSQL Support.
The following status codes make up 99% of the issues that we see with PSQL authorization. Click on the status code in the table to go to the cause and solution.
||Product key is already used on another machine
||This key cannot be deauthorized because it was authorized on a machine with a different machine signature
||Product key is already used on this machine
||An error occurred acquiring the machine configuration
||User lacks the appropriate rights to authorize or deauthorize a key
||Internet connection cannot access licensing server
If you are not familiar with the PSQL License Administrator, how to find a status code or a key, click here to get to License Administrator Documentation. (It's pretty simple once you find the right place to look.)
Status Codes and Solutions Detail
7313: Product key is already in use on another machine.
- Changes to the physical server or virtual machine running PSQL caused the machine signature to change. Solution: Repair
- Key was authorized on another machine that crashed so that PSQL is not accessible. Solution: Reset the key. This needs to be done by the vendor who created the key (Vendor 0 = Actian, other vendors are Actian PSQL OEM partners.)
- Key is authorized on another working machine. Solution: Deauthorize or get another key.
7314: This key cannot be deauthorized because it was authorized on a machine with a different machine signature.
- The hardware signature of the original machine has changed. Solution: Repair
- The key is being used on a different machine. Solution: Deauthorize that instance of PSQL or get another key.
7315: Product key is already used on this machine.
- The key failed valudation because of a hardware or VM change and the key has been reset instead of being repaired. Solution: Clear the key with the clilcadm/w64clilcadm licensing utility and reauthorize the key. Check out the PSQL User's Guide for details on clilcadm.
7218: An error occurred acquiring the machine configuration
- PSQL was unable to acquire the machine configuration, which is required to complete the authorization process. Solution: Make sure you are logged in as Administrator and that WMI (Windows utility that collects machine config information) is working properly. Temporarily turn off UAC.
7224: User lacks the appropriate rights to authorize or deauthorize a key
- Running PSQL Workgroup without WIndows Administrator access. Solution: Close Workgroup Engine and restart w3dbsmgr.exe using the "Run as administrator: option. Or, uninstall Workgroup and reinstall it to run as a service.
7239: Internet connection cannot access licensing server
The Internet connection cannot acces the authorization server to obtain data needed for key validation. Possible causes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A network problem is preventing connection to the authorization server.
- In your local system registry, authorization server information may be corrupt or missing.
- Security issues, such as firewall protection, are preventing connection to the authorization server. Configure your firewall or proxy server to allow access to elspv.pervasive.com and bkpelspv.pervasive.com. Additional details can be found in a knowledge base article.
- Actian PSQL licensing server is down. Solution: Paste elspv.pervasive.com into your browser. If the licensing server is up, it will answer with a message like - ELS WEB SITE AMS11 version 1.5.2 Build 70 - 18.104.22.168