This file contains the following topics:
This release of the OLE DB provider for PSQL contains the following resources:
The PSQL OLEDB Provider is a 32-bit provider. Therefore, PSQL OLEDB Provider does not appear on the list of available providers for a universal data link (.udl) file on a 64-bit operating system.
For information on new and changed OLE DB functionality in PSQL v12, see What Is New in PSQL.
The runtime files for the OLE DB access method are installed with the PSQL engine by default.
The header files and sample files are available for download from the PSQL website.
In the PSQL SDK documentation, see OLE DB Provider Guide and PSQL Programmer's Guide.
The download file includes the data files and dictionary files (DDFs) for a sample database named PVideoDB. The sample database simulates the management of a video store. The data files and DDFs are located in <directory>\samples\PvideoDB, where <directory> is the directory where you installed the OLE DB header files and samples.
Use the following steps to create the PVideoDB database, which is required to use the OLE DB samples.
1. Start PSQL Control Center from the Start menu (or equivalent depending on the operating system).
2. In PSQL Explorer, expand the Engines node.
3. Right-click on the desired server where the database engine is running.
4. Click New > Database.
5. Type "PVideoDB" for Database Name (and use it for the DSN name).
6. Specify <directory>\samples\PVideoDB for Location, where <directory> is the location where you installed the header and sample files.
7. Click Finish.
8. Exit PSQL Control Center.
All known issues for PSQL v12 are published on the PSQL website.
The Actian PSQL website offers many choices of technical support:
ACTIAN CORPORATION LICENSES THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION PRODUCT TO YOU OR YOUR COMPANY SOLELY ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND SOLELY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE ACCOMPANYING LICENSE AGREEMENT.
Copyright ©2014 Actian Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
*** End of Release Notes ***